Saturday 15 August 2009

Time and Tide Wait for No Pixie

Dear Miss Elytis,

In accordance with your very kind request, here are a few of the fabric designs I have been toying with.

This one I call "Time Blossom", although I suppose they could just as easily be cherry blossom snow-flakes. The Prof's pocket watch kindly provided the inspiration; the hour hand is so very pretty (and I'm almost certain he hasn't missed it yet).


















In fact, I liked it so much, I bought the... no, hang on, that's not right. Let's try that again: I liked it so much I used it to create two more fabrics, Hands of Time 1 and 2. The background is based on some embroidery I did when I was a Pixie in training.

They look very good on the cotton organdie I had them printed on to, but as yet I haven't made up my mind quite what to do with them.

I promise to post more bits of things when I have them completed - you should see the lovely silk ribbons I have acquired from a gentleman who travels the Silk Route!

Love
Fuschia

2 comments:

  1. those are absolutely lovely pixie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sent some tweaked versions off to Spoonflower to have fabric samples made up, so fingers crossed they work practically as well as aesthetically!

    ReplyDelete